When you get the memo that you will be hosting the family holidays this year in Minneapolis, don’t stress about it. As a million questions run through your mind and the unknown of how you’ll get everything done emerges, we are here to tell you that it can be a simple and organized season.
Whether you are having five or 50 guests over for the holidays, these tips will help ensure your celebrations are safe and enjoyable for all—even you, the host!
- A storage-packed island will give you maximum space in the most important room during the holidays—the kitchen. Everyone can help chop up veggies, cook up a storm and utilize pull out counter tops for hot dishes. After a full day of cooking, a kitchen island with hidden nooks and crannies makes clean up simple so you have more time for the good stuff.
- The holidays are a great time for you to dress up your fireplace with up-to-date design trends. This space can really set the celebratory mood for your whole home. Whether you want a television or various decorations hung above the mantel, the possibilities to add a personal touch are virtually endless.
- Before the holidays is the perfect time to call in the professionals at Pella Windows and Doors in Minneapolis to insulate and seal your windows. Keep your guests warm in those rooms you rarely use. Reduce the chilly drafts by adding insulation, or even replacement windows, to make sure everyone has a warm and comfortable holiday.
- The winter months can sometimes get to be a little dreary. Through the brisk season in Minneapolis, it can be difficult to find bright colors outside of your friend’s ugly Christmas sweater or Grandma’s cookie frosting. Get creative with indoor plants and flowers —this will add some life and is a great outlet for a craft day.
- Whether you need more chairs around your table or you want a dedicated area for the kids to eat, make sure to provide enough easy seating and places to dine for your guests. Don’t forget about comfy places to settle after a big Thanksgiving dinner, either.
- Everyone knows holiday food is the best. Touch up on your home, but also fine-tune your favorite recipes. When your food completes the beauty of your kitchen, your guests will want to come back to the best kitchen in Minneapolis every year. If you don’t like cooking, add fun with festive plates to put tasty treats on.
- This time of year is a perfect time to check or install your smoke alarms. Fires are common during the holiday season. No matter how great of a cook you are, sometimes things go wrong in the kitchen—it is better to be prepared and keep your guests safe.
- While they may not get much use throughout the year, dining rooms finally get the action they deserve around the holidays. Whether you love a festive, themed table or a simple setting, there are infinite up-to-date design options you can take advantage of. Add anything from a grouping of candles to a bowl of pinecones to bring attention to the center of the table as a wintry statement piece.
- With bay windows you can take advantage of endless possibilities to expand your space and utilize a nook. Get creative and add tables, chairs or even a storage bench. Make a perfect spot to reflect on your holidays and enjoy a cup of hot chocolate after a successful celebration.
- Last, no matter how many projects you decide to tackle before the holidays, give yourself time with your loved ones. Use your skills to create a humble abode for all. There isn’t a better time to feel at home in Minneapolis than the holidays. Toss in some comfy throw pillows and enjoy.
For more help making your holiday season a little more cozy for your friends and family, come in and talk with our professionals at Pella Windows and Doors in our Minneapolis showroom or give us a call at 612-249-7371.