Fall is just around the corner in Minneapolis, and as the weather begins to change, so does the indoor and outdoor décor of our houses. Now is the best time to begin considering how to “fall-ify” your home entryway and take advantage of some enjoyable fall accents for your replacement doors to imitate the ambiance of the season. Doors are oftentimes the focal point of a home—they offer curb appeal and can make a strong impact on someone’s first impression of a house. Here are a few things to think about when selecting your new fall door décor:
- Creating levels in your entryway – Height is your friend when it comes to drawing eyes to your home’s doorway. There are many ways to make levels, including incorporating decorative grasses, hung lights or basket plants, or galvanized buckets to stage pumpkins or other creative fall decorations.
- Embrace color – Fall provides a brilliant color palette every year, so your front entryway should complement it. Gourds and pumpkins constantly provide a wonderful pop of color, as well as color-changing leaves and apples. Warm colors are a great option for the fall palette.
- More than corn stalks and wreaths – There are usually staple fall decorations that are used annually, but creativity in on-trend items can make your home look unique and stylish. Some of the popular door hangers this season include:
- Wood – try a wooden sign with a clever fall message to provide an inviting atmosphere to your entryway
- Pinecones – string a bunch together and paint them in warm hues for an added pop of color
- Burlap sack – instead of piling fall flowers into a basket, stuff a burlap bag with flowers and pumpkins and put it on your door for the perfect fall charm
- Scarecrow – turn an old straw hat into an enduring scarecrow to greet guests when they arrive at your door
Use your replacement door as a backdrop for fall creativity during this change of seasons and wow your neighbors with lively and unique curb appeal. If you have any questions about making the most of your entryway fall décor or if you think your decorating could include investing in a new replacement door this fall, give our professionals at Pella Windows and Doors in Minneapolis a call at 612-249-7371 or arrange an appointment with us using our online scheduler. It’s always a good time for a new front door and a new look!