Kitchen remodeling was one of the most desired home projects in 2017 and it’s a great way to increase the value of your home. But, you want to make sure that you are setting yourself up for success before demolishing your existing kitchen cabinets and floors. Remember these do’s and don’ts to get the dream kitchen you’ve always wanted the right way:
- Do some research to make sure you are hiring a qualified contractor. Browse reviews online, reach out to others for recommendations, and don’t settle just because one contractor might be cheaper.
- Identify your kitchen must-haves—is energy efficiency important to you? Have a certain finish or countertop material? Do you want technologically-advanced appliance controls?
- Figure out what the most sensible floor plan would be for your kitchen space. Keep it functional and efficient with sufficient storage and countertop space that fits your needs and the needs of your household. What is the purpose of your space? How do you spend most of your time in the kitchen? Cooking? Entertaining? Gathering with your family?
- Hang on to all your receipts. Save the receipts in a safe place to present when filing your taxes or to use if you decide to sell your home in the future.
- Focus exclusively on the aesthetic of your new kitchen—shiny countertops or a perfect color palette aren’t the most vital things about your new kitchen. Ensure the quality of your cabinets, countertops and replacement windows is high to keep your kitchen functioning efficiently for many years.
- Forget stick with the budget! Stay on budget by prioritizing based on your needs and what features are most important to you. We advise budgeting at least 10 percent more than what you imagine you’ll need so you can cover unforeseen costs during the remodeling process.
- Forget to assess the windows! Pella Windows and Doors has a range of excellent kitchen window styles that can pull together an entire kitchen remodel.
One of the most important parts of a kitchen remodeling project is the windows—they offer light into your space, set the tone for the room and provide you a gateway to the outdoors, which is especially nice when there’s a cool breeze on a summer day. If you are considering replacement windows as a part of your kitchen remodel, give our professionals at Pella Windows and Doors a call at 612-249-7371, check out our Minneapolis showroom or arrange an in-home consultation with us online so we can help you choose the right replacement windows for your kitchen needs.