Winter weather is just around the corner in Minneapolis and when the temperature gets colder, the utility bills can often surge. There are several things that you can do to prepare for the chilly season and equip your home for the weather change. Storm door installation can help with your home comfort during the cold months, and Pella Windows and Doors is here to help prime your home for what’s ahead.
What is so noteworthy about storm door installation? While storm doors are helpful all year long, here are several of the benefits that storm doors offer during Minneapolis winter:
- They increase energy efficiency – Storm doors are one added layer between the outdoors and the comfort of your home. Their glass covering option decreases energy loss and can help save you some money on your heating this winter.
- They increase home security – Just as storm doors deliver an added layer of protection from the elements, a locked storm door also provides another barrier for burglars or other unwelcome guests.
Storm door installation is a good way to prepare your entryway for the upcoming winter, but here are other ideas to save some money throughout your home as the colder weather arrives:
- Check weather stripping. If your weather stripping is coming away, cold air can find its way in and impact your home comfort. If you have challenges with reattaching or replacing loose weather stripping around your home’s doors and windows, give our Pella Minneapolis professionals a call and we’ll be happy to help.
- Clean window sills and moving parts. Debris can accumulate in the moving parts of your windows and doors, especially in your window sills. Find a dry paintbrush and clean these areas to create a tighter seal and better the performance of your windows and doors.
- Repair damaged exterior surfaces. Any weak spots on the foundation of your home, such as deteriorating siding or a cracked roof spot, could allow cold air to come into your home. Talk with a professional to fix these issues before cold weather arrives in Minneapolis.
If you have additional questions about how to prepare your house for the colder weather, or about storm door installation this winter, give the experts at Pella Windows and Doors in Minneapolis a call at 612-249-7371 or visit our showroom to discuss face-to-face with our experts. We want to help get your home ready to handle the changing weather.