Whether it’s your front door, your patio door, or even a back door; doors play an important role in the first impression that guests have when arriving at your Minneapolis home. When you choose that it’s time to replace your doors, it typically means you are ready to enhance your home’s curb appeal or that you are just excited for a change in home mood. Either way, replacement doors are a big decision and call for a few things to remember. Lucky for you, the pros at Pella Windows and Doors have a few things to consider before you choose the final new door style:
- Style with decorative hardware. Finish off the style of your doorway with decorative hardware on your door, such as door hinges, bells, and knobs.
- Add a splash of color. Speaking of curb appeal, why not accentuate your door with a pop of color? Colors that match your current paint scheme are great and uniform, but colors that provide conflict to your scheme can make your home look one of a kind!
- Experiment with lighting. People often misjudge the use of lighting in an entryway. Whether you’re illuminating specific features, landscaping, or the door itself, suitable lighting can bring a complete look together and feel cozy and inviting to house guests.
- Enhance with plants. The use of greenery about a doorway can also make a wonderful first impression. Plants can draw attention to particular door details and shift attention away from other out dated aspects of a doorway.
- Try new accent features. There are many added features that can add a lot to a door, such as sidelights, decorative glass, small windows and more. With the right accents, your door and home can be given a major revamp.
Welcome guests into your home with an attractive doorway and make a wonderful first impression. Check out the Pella Windows and Doors showroom in Minneapolis, give them a call at 612-249-7371 or arrange an appointment online to consider all the choices for getting replacement doors to enhance the look of your home.